Social Media

Sunday 27 April 2014

Retro: MAC Lipstick Review


Lipstick - Retro MAC Cosmetics

Hi again, hope you's are all doing well. I had intended to do another outfit post today, but because of the awful English weather i was unable to (will do it next week instead) instead i decided to do a quick review of one of my favourite lipstick's at the moment.




This lipstick is Retro by Mac, it is one of their satin finish lipsticks. I rarely go a day without applying lipstick, so my favourite lipstick varies quite a lot, but since the day I purchased this I have worn it constantly. As you can see from the image below it is quite a browny colour, but on your lips it also has a slight purple/maroon undertone, which is what i loved about it because purple and browns are the colours i usually go for (best of both worlds). This is quite an understated dark shade, so if you are wanting to try out a darker lipstick but are a bit apprehensive this would be a perfect shade for you to try.

Although it is a satin finish lipstick, i would say on your lips it looks like a matte finish, but has a lovely smooth texture, which a matte lipstick often lacks. I find this colour extremly wearable during the day but also on a night out, with a smokey eye and liner. It's a really easy shade to wear because it is very longlasting, so doesn't need to be re-applied often (bonus!).



Appologies for the blurriness my camera wouldn't focus properly (grr)

MAC is a high-end lipstick brand so it's price of £15 is a bit steep but i would say it's well worth the money because it's longlasting and versatile, A colour that would suit all.



Here i am wearing the lipstick

Necklace - Topshop (last year)
Top - Urban outfitters

Thank you for taking time to read this review, i hope it was helpful. I would love any feedback as this was the first beauty product review i have done :)

Kristin xo

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a gorgeous lip colour, Mac lipsticks never seem to fail me. I might have to add this one to my collection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it, it's so wearable I'd definitely recommend it!xxx

      Delete